How we choose our destinations:
Our destinations will change each semester. A normal semester will spend one quarter in the US and one quarter internationally.
When choosing our semester destinations, we look for the following criteria to be met:
- Ideal weather conditions for the time of year, i.e., "sending temps."
- Availability/density of high quality climbs with a range of intermediate to elite-level difficulty.
- For sport crags, modern bolting techniques with high-quality hardware.
- Hassle-free approach logistics to keep climbing time to a maximum.
- Good relationship with local land managers and route developers.
- Available cell signal.
- International buzz...or relative obscurity; both of which can make a crag special.
Check back soon for our list of upcoming destinations. Our 2016/17 itinerary is listed on the Program page.